Digital Citizenship, Literacy, Online Safety and Cyberbullying is a hybrid professional learning group that provides both face-to-face and online content to support educational leadership as we educate our staff members and students in the appropriate, safe, ethical and legal use of technology. Digital Citizenship is constantly changing as new tools, apps and websites are developed and become available to both teacher and student. The Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA) requires that we address concerns about children's access to obscene or harmful content over the Internet. CIPA imposes certain requirements on schools or libraries that receive discounts for Internet access or internal connections through the E-rate program (all public schools.) Schools and libraries subject to CIPA are required to adopt and implement an Internet safety policy addressing:
▪ Access by minors to inappropriate matter on the Internet;
▪ The safety and security of minors when using electronic mail, chat rooms and other forms of direct electronic communications;
▪ Unauthorized access, including so-called "hacking,” and other unlawful activities by minors online;
▪ Unauthorized disclosure, use, and dissemination of personal information regarding minors; and
▪ Measures restricting minors' access to materials harmful to them.